It is extremely important to us that all medical records remain confidential.
The practice complies with Data Protection and Access to Medical Records legislation.
Information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To provide further medical treatment for you - e.g. from hospitals.
- To help you get other help - e.g. from social services.
- When we have a duty to others - e.g. in child protection and legal cases
- Anonymised patient information will be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. for diabetes care.
Reception and administration staff require access to parts of your medical records in order to do their jobs. These members of staff are bound by exactly the same rules of confidentiality as the doctors and nurses.
Rights & Responsibilities
You will be treated with respect and as a partner in your care.
- Ensure our patients have 24-hour access to medical advice.
- Aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional within 48 hours of your initial contact during surgery hours, or in an urgent case, the same day.
- Work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
- Involve you and listen to your opinions in all aspects of your medical care.
- Help you with the prevention of disease, illness and injury.
- Advise you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy lifestyle.
We ask that you:
- Let us know if you have to cancel an appointment.
- Treat all staff with courtesy and respect.
- Accept that reception staff have to ask some questions to help provide you with the best service
- Inform the practice staff of any alterations in your circumstances, such as change of name, address or telephone number. Please ensure that we have your correct telephone number, even if it’s ex-directory.
- Note that you are responsible for your own health and that of any dependents.
- Follow advice given to you by health professionals, and co-operate with the practice in working to keep you healthy.